Turning Point has an internship program for counseling and social work students. Master’s level students are given priority and only longer-term internships (6 to 9 months) are considered. The ideal applicant will have an interest in working with individuals and families who have been exposed to domestic violence. The internship involves individual and group counseling, advocacy and case management as well as crisis work. The theoretical foundation is client-centered and feminist with some CBT employed. There is minimal emphasis on assessment and diagnosis and heavy emphasis on recovery and crisis work. Applicants must be willing to complete a mandatory 40-hour domestic violence training at the onset of the internship.
Submit cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation along with your internship program requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Turning Point is a domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County, Illinois.
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention and Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Trauma-Based Mental Health Services
- Children’s Individual and Group Counseling
- Partner Abuse Intervention Program
- Adolescent Alternatives
- Parenting Program
- Latino Bilingual/Bicultural Services
- Legal and Non-Legal Advocacy
- Information and Referral
- Prevention and Community Education
- Emergency Food and Clothing Pantries
Internship has been viewed 495 times.
Turning Point Woodstock, IL - Internship