Shelter Crisis Advocate Opportunity|
Primary role is taking all of Turning Point’s crisis calls and doing go outs when needed. Assess each crisis call for services, shelter and make referrals. Secondary role is assisting shelter staff with client (adult/child) interactions. Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Public Health. One to two years working in social services and/or crisis intervention, and with children exposed to trauma. Must be personable, have strong professional boundaries and strong organizational skills, and have the ability to remain calm during a crisis. 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri 3pm-11pm.
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Turning Point is a domestic violence agency with a mission to confront violence against women and children in McHenry County, Illinois.
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention and Response
- Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Trauma-Based Mental Health Services
- Children’s Individual and Group Counseling
- Partner Abuse Intervention Program
- Adolescent Alternatives
- Parenting Program
- Latino Bilingual/Bicultural Services
- Legal and Non-Legal Advocacy
- Information and Referral
- Prevention and Community Education
- Emergency Food and Clothing Pantries
Shelter Crisis Advocate has been viewed 480 times.
Turning Point Woodstock, IL - Shelter Crisis Advocate