Provides a range of psychological assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic, and/or case management services for individuals, couples, groups, and/or families, as appropriate to the specific expectations of the position. Typically works under the direct guidance of a clinical professional within the environment of a clinical agency or a medical/hospital facility. May provide practical training and guidance to students and/or paraprofessional staff, as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collects data about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
2. Consults with other legal and treatment agencies and individuals in relation to patient/client records, rights, and responsibilities.
3. Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
4. Follows up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
5. May lead paraprofessionals in performance of clinical duties.
6. Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
7. Participates in, leads, and/or coordinates training sessions and workshops to enhance treatment skills.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
9. Provides and/or arranges for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
10. Provides casework management of a specialized caseload, as appropriate to the requirements of the individual position; performs research and case assessments; prepares individualized studies for admission, placement, and/or discharge, as applicable.
11. Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to clients and families as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or directly related Field; at least 6 months of directly related experience, which may include internship and/or practicum.