|Clinical Supervisor / Mental Health Professional|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A.) Administration / Management
1. Assure that the quality of clinical services is maintained through individual and group supervision.
2. Assure that performance reviews are completed annually for staff under direct supervision, including establishing specific, individual professional development goals.
3. Insure that clinical records are accurate, current, and meet Medical Assistance standards and DHS licensing regulations
4. Review all reports of suspected abuse or neglect of vulnerable adults or minors and assure that appropriate actions are taken. Inform Treatment Director if reports involve alleged maltreatment by staff, students, or volunteers.
5. Assure that a quality improvement program is implemented.
6. Review all incident reports. Consider actions to be taken and implement changes to avoid similar incidents in the future.
7. Inform the Treatment Director and Executive Director in a timely manner of all relevant political, financial, clinical, and liability issues and make recommendations for any changes in procedures.
8. Insure the building and property is clean and well maintained.
9. Develop and revise program policies and procedures.
10. Participate in internal and external committees and management team meetings.
B.) Clinical Services
1. Provide the following services to clients or the public:
a. Information and referral to clients and community resources.
b. Intake interviews and admission paperwork.
c. Crisis intervention.
2. Coordinate admissions and discharges of clients.
3. Develop and implement family education services.
4. Consult with clients, case manager, Treatment Director, Office Manager, or Financial Director when clinical concerns interface with a client's inability to pay for services.
5. Provide consultation and support to staff as needed including being available for staff to debrief about difficult situations.
6. Provide back-up clinical care to clients when assigned staff are unavailable.
7. Facilitate resident council meetings and group education or counseling with clients.
8. Share a regular rotation providing after hours on-call supervision of organization wide clinical services.
C.) Consultation and Education
1. Provide consultation about clinical and administrative issues to other resources as requested.
2. Provide educational training and information to the families and friends of clients and to the general public as needed.
3. Provide leadership about in-service training offered to staff, assuring that is meets licensure standards and clinical needs.
D.) Planning and Community Organizing
1. Use good judgment and maintain effective boundaries when sharing information about company with county staff, other providers, and members of the community.
2. Attend various community meetings and report relevant information to the Treatment Director.
3. Participate in and actively support community advisory committees.
4. Participate in community needs assessments. Implement and maintain a variety of procedures to evaluate programs and services.
5. Be available to offer leadership and cooperation to consumers and community providers in the development of cost effective services.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Treatment Director
Oversees day-to-day clinical operations of company. Responsible for sharing rotation of on-call supervisor for all programs.