|CHILD CARE WORKERS JOB DESCRIPTION|
• Accompany children to and from school, on outings, and to medical appointments.
• Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
• Care for children in institutional setting, such as group homes, nursery schools, private businesses, or schools for the handicapped.
• Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
• Dress children and change diapers.
• Help children with homework and schoolwork.
• Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
• Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
• Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
• Monitor children on life-support equipment to detect malfunctioning of equipment, and call for medical assistance when needed.
• Observe and monitor children's play activities.
• Operate in-house daycare centers within businesses.
• Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
• Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
• Perform housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, dishwashing, and changing of linens.
• Place or hoist children into baths or pools.
• Provide counseling or therapy to mentally disturbed, delinquent, or handicapped children.
• Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
• Sanitize toys and play equipment.
• Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
• Wheel handicapped children to classes or other areas of facility, secure in equipment, such as chairs and slings.
Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting