|CHILD CARE NANNY|
Nannies care for children as employees in private households.
Nannies may perform the following tasks:
• Apply first aid and take appropriate action in cases of accident or emergency
• Arrange and supervise outings
• Care for and maintain children's belongings, bedrooms and play areas
• Care for babies or young children by feeding, washing and dressing them and by supervising their play and learning activities
• Communicate with parents to make sure that their preferences regarding child care are maintained
• Feed and care for pets
• Nannies employed full time may be required to live in their employers' homes. They may also be required to work in the evenings and on weekends.
• Perform light housekeeping duties such as laundry or meal preparation as they relate to children in their care.
• Plan and prepare nutritious snacks and meals for children and possibly the family
• Plan creative play and learning activities and organize meal and sleep times
• Safeguard children against potential dangers, such as swimming pools, kitchen utensils, poisons and stairs
• Take children to school, kindergarten and other activities
• Take sole charge of children for extended periods while parents are absent from home
Nannies may specialize as a Governess who supervises and tutors children (including school-age children) in educational programs within private households. In most instances, these positions are in remote locations.
Able to work unsupervised
Able to work with young children
Patience, maturity and a willingness to accept responsibility
good communication skills