|Berks County Senior Citizens Council|
Social Services Case Manager
Counseling senior citizens on their rights and opportunities; dealing with consumer issues, concerns and problems as covered by local, state and federal legislation.
* Working with seniors and their families in selecting the appropriate plan with regard to Medicare Part D, PACE, PACENET Plus.
* Ensuring the correct processing of enrollments.
* Managing communications between the senior and the individual health plans, Part D, Office of Aging, and other concerned key stakeholders.
* Counsel clients about Medicare and its ancillary issues thru the APPRISE program
* Handling problems or issues including insurance misrepresentations, door-to-door sales tactics, product safety, generic drugs and foods, hearing aids, landlord-tenant issues, etc.
* Referring seniors to the appropriate agency, bureau or institution for those issues outside the scope of this position
* Administer the APPRISE program
* Assist with the recruiting and training volunteers for APPRISE program
* Updating APPRISE information on a timely basis and informing volunteers of changes
* Assisting with the coordination of VITA program
* Oversee client appointment schedule
* Reporting to IRS and the other appropriate Federal, State, and County agencies
* Keep updated on all consumer related information
* Visiting Affiliated Clubs and presenting consumer information, programs and presentations, presenting handout material, responding to questions and follow up
* Writing articles of interest for placement in Second Wind
* Performing any other duties deemed necessary by the President or Director of Social Services
Significant enrollment and reconciliation experience is required, along with experience in Medicare enrollment processing, premium billing and reconciliation. Prior experience and knowledge of CMS standards will also be needed. A background in analysis and process improvement would be preferred. A Bachelor's degree would be a plus. Candidates must have stellar problem-solving and communication skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.