|Case Manger Job Description|
Position Purpose: This position has responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions and assist in treatment; substance abuse services; education, support, and consultation to families; and crisis intervention in consultation with the multi disciplinary team.
Be a member of the individual treatment team for an assigned number of clients.
• Provide service coordination including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment team.
• Assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the client and with the ITT.
• Provide individual supportive therapy and symptom management education.
• Ensure that immediate changes are made in treatment plans as clients’ needs change and communicate with the ITT.
• Educate and support clients’ families.
• Advocate for clients’ rights and preferences.
• Participate in client-centered comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships.
• Provide practical help and supports, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving, direct assistance, training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living including medical and dental health care; legal and advocacy services; financial support such as entitlements, or housing subsidies; supported housing; money management, social skills development, and transportation.
• Consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
• Perform shift management in coordination with other ACT shift managers according to established policy and procedures.
• Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings. Provide on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime hours and serve as a backup to evening and weekend staff.
• Provide coverage (illness, client crisis) for team members to maintain continuity of client services.
• Participate in professional development activities and share knowledge with the team.
• Participate in scheduled agency staff meetings.
• Participate in agency committee work.
Document all work pertaining to client services to maintain quality assurance.