P.O. Box 240019
Kansas City, MO 64124
Mission Of Newhouse
It is our mission to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing the tools which allow women to make positive choices and lead self-sufficient lives.
We accomplish this through our values and beliefs:
We value inclusiveness, striving to maintain diversity of age, race, sexual orientation, religion, differently-abled, sex, and national origin
- We value integrity, trust and ethics within our service delivery.
- We value the philosophy of empowerment.
- We believe in providing a safe, healing environment, which includes physical, spiritual, psychological, and emotional components, as well as ongoing supportive services.
- We believe that early intervention with children will maximize the potential of breaking the intergenerational cycle of abuse.
- We believe in educating the community about domestic violence and the services that Newhouse staff members provide.
In 1971, an ecumenical community service located in the Northeast area of Kansas City, Missouri recognized that women experiencing domestic violence needed support. In response, they formed NEWS (Neighborhood Ecumenical Witness and Service) and began working together to respond. Initially, NEWS provided neighborhood programs including substance abuse education and food and clothing assistance. The need for a shelter to house battered women became evident as women repeatedly requested a place to escape the domestic violence in their homes.
By 1979, NEWS had incorporated as a non-profit and become Newhouse—an organization providing safe shelter and other critical services to victims of domestic violence. Newhouse programs have evolved over 38 years to meet the specialized needs of the women and children served. Newhouse programs empower women residents to make permanent changes to end the violence in their lives.
You can also find us on
Newhouse has been viewed 1224 times.
Is this your business?
Claim your business page now and access your free Social Service Network account. You'll be able to:
- Post job/volunteer/internship opportunities
- Add your logo
- Change your company profile
- Comment on reviews employees have made
- Add links to your social pages such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
- Add your company locations
To find out more contact us
Newhouse (Beta testing)
More street images of Newhouse