Contact: Lydia’s House
P.O. Box 2722
St. Louis, MO 63116
Phone: (314) 771-4411
Fax: (314) 450-4910
Lydia’s House works in faith to end domestic violence by being a place of healing and a voice of hope for abused women and their children.
Lydia’s House fulfills this mission by:
- Providing safe, affordable transitional housing in a confidential location for a maximum of two years.
- Assisting women and their children to create and implement long term individual life-goal plans which include education, training, employment, and safe housing
- Facilitating access to information and referrals to community resources
- Creating awareness about domestic violence through a speaker’s bureau and an outreach educational ministry.
Lydia’s House is the only transitional housing program in Eastern Missouri that is specifically for battered and abused women and their children and that offers immediate community. We have 36 confidentially located, fully furnished apartments where our families can find refuge, safety and support.
In addition to offering secure housing, Lydia’s House provides each family with their own advocate to help guide them through the recovering process. Each family member is connected to supportive services and both individual and group experiences that will help them regain control of their lives while building resources necessary for not only surviving, but thriving, in the wake of violence.
One of the strengths of Lydia’s House is our investment in the spiritual growth and healing of the women and children. Our approach to spirituality and “faith” is open and inclusive and is not limited to or directed by the credo of a single faith tradition. Rather, our goal is to help women get in touch with their own unique spiritual self and to offer resources and practices that can help them to nurture and care for that spiritual self. The open and inclusive atmosphere honors women wherever they are on their spiritual journey and allows them to choose whether or not their spiritual self is nurtured in connection with a particular faith tradition.
Lydia’s House has been viewed 1652 times.
Is this your business?
Claim your business page now and access your free Social Service Network account. You'll be able to:
- Post job/volunteer/internship opportunities
- Add your logo
- Change your company profile
- Comment on reviews employees have made
- Add links to your social pages such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
- Add your company locations
To find out more contact us
Lydia’s House (Beta testing)
More street images of Lydia’s House